Sunday, November 29, 2009

Media Meditation # 7

It’s on On Demand



I find more and more I’m avoiding the traditional television viewing experience. While seeking a more efficient way to see what I want when I want On Demand provides the interactivity I need. Instead of sifting through the countless hours of mind numbing crap I can simply choose the show I want to watch. This technological and personal shift in media creates a far more worthwhile experience.


On Demand changes the entire TV experience by making a less linear structure for viewing. Allowing the viewer to choose to watch the programs they want when they want On Demand shows a fundamental change in media. The rise of participatory media allows interaction between the source and the audience. It is an example of constantly evolving technology in a digital age.

The recent development of digital technology is responsible for On Demand. By allowing more information to be transmitted than analog a massive library of shows the viewer can choose from is possible. Increasingly sophisticated technology accordingly creates more sophisticated, versatile media.

No comments:

Post a Comment